Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Karma and Comics for 2010

Greetings and welcome to my first steps into becoming part of the new generation of the millions of other people out there with the blind assumption that people actually give a shit about what they really think about when they think everyone is watching..

And where should I begin?

Well..I ended 2009 with all of the hope in the world that this was actually going to be a good year. I had an opportunity to go to another company and actually go there to manage and take charge of everything in the office. Even though I had an excellent working relationship with my previous employer, I felt I had hit the proverbial wall and was compelled to move on. My last day was December 23rd and would begin my new job on January 4th of the new year.
I had also made the decision that I had punished the comic book world long enough with my self imposed exile and I would actually get some long awaited comic projects off the ground and published. I had also reached an agreement with myself that I needed to do this for myself and my own sanity. All of the negative energy in my life from the past eight years is gone now and I can move forward again.
So, I lasted only a week at the new job. My temper and the inadequate management style of my new boss weren't going to be a great mix, so I quit in a huge arguement that made me forget that I left the demon of a woman I used to call my wife a year ago.





So, I spent the last two days in a drugged up haze of trying to figure out what I'm going to do..and now I'm dragging myself up to get back to work on what I do best.


Comics.

I just wish there was some way to actually make a living wage off my work without having to go through all of the bullshit that comes along with comics.

This will be the document of my process of trying to get myself back into shape as an illustrator and writer. Tons of fuck ups and trial and error sketches will be here for all to see.

1 comment: